Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Charity



Things are so great at the MTC! I think something finally clicked here with the language because people talk in Portuguese and I can understand.. sometimes without even thinking about what those words mean in English, and as I teach lessons or talk with my companions the words just come to my head! I'm going to give all the credit to the Gift of Tongues because there's no way this is just me. But Portuguese is so beautiful!! People call it the tongue of angels for a reason! Its also apparently the "purest" of the Latin languages and (I'm quoting my teacher on this) you can understand 80% of Spanish and french  and 50% of Italian if you know it! I'm so lucky to be learning it!

1 Corinthians 13:1 - Though I speak unto you with the tongue of angels (Portuguese!!! jk haha) and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 2. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all the mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity I AM NOTHING. 


I have learned so clearly that Charity is the only thing that is really important. Who cares if you are good at teaching, who cares if you are fluent in Portuguese or know the scriptures cover-to-cover. You will be a failure as a missionary if you don't have charity, and a perfect missionary if you do. And that goes for being a good human as well! 


Today we visited a HUGE tree for p-day! So big and gnarly. It looked just like that tree on Lion King that the crazy money lives in! I couldnt get a very good photo because the whole tree wouldnt fit in my camera but I tried! ITS SO BIG!

No comments:

Post a Comment