Sunday, May 22, 2016

Serving in Praia, Progress in Assomada

I cant even start to explain how happy I am right now!
Elvis was baptized and confirmed this week in Assomada!  In the mission we don't have contact with anyone, so this whole week I was worrying and praying about him, hoping that all the way up there in Assomada he still had that burnning testimony I got to see my last week in Assomada.  Many a tear was shed this week on my knees asking God to strengthen him and when I opened my email this week and saw his pictures I literally couldn't stop from crying which I'm still doing right now. I'm just so happy! Literally, this is a hapiness that you can't describe! I just never thought I would actually get to see a miracle like that on my mission.  I know that it didn't have anything to do with me personally, but God gave me a special opportunity to watch Him change the life of one of his children.  I remember contacting him on the street; he was literally almost running because he was in such a hurry, and all I got to stay was that we had a living prophet and that he could come to church on Sunday.  This kid lives in the INTERIOR mountains, but he somehow remembered and showed up there on Sunday.  He had so many doubts and struggles, and he also never spoke a word of Portuguese to us, but somehow we always understood each other.  Watching this from start to finish has got to be the best experience in my life! Thank you, Pai Celestial! 

The short one is Elvis and the taller one is our amazing branch president!

No comments:

Post a Comment