Sunday, April 24, 2016

I’m GETTING TRANFERED!


I'm leaving Assomada! I'm so sad to leave. I really love everything about this place, and I've grown so much here that I can literally say I'm leaving a different person and this last week the Lord has given me so many confirmations that I have done the work here that he wanted me to do.

About this time last week I was crying to Sister Capener telling her how when I came to Assomada I felt so strongly that there were people here that I personally needed to help find the gospel, and that even though I worked really hard every day, I felt like I hadn’t done the work that the Lord sent me here to do, and I felt like I must have messed up somewhere because I felt like I would be leaving the next week. I think the Lord always gives us a trial right before the best blessing ever, because this week was chalk full of little miracles that helped me know that the Lord was happy with all the work that I had done, and that I really did need to be right here in Assomada to help some of Gods children accept the gospel.

On Tuesday of last week we went to the house of a member to teach our investigator Elvis (Remember the guy who walked an hour on foot to go to church, yeah him!)  but he didn’t show up. We called and he said that he couldn’t talk with us anymore because he couldn’t keep the law of chastity and he just had too many doubts. Sister Capener and I were so sad! But we both felt like that this wasn’t the last time we were going to talk to Elvis.  Then on Wednesday morning as we were walking to that special training Elvis comes running out of a building and tells us that he had a dream and he needs to talk to us.  We marked to talk to him on Friday and when we sat down in the lesson with him, his whole face was different. He literally looked like he was glowing and he couldn’t stop smiling.  He told us that he had dreamed that a man came to him and told him everything we had been talking about made sense, and that it was true.  And then he dreamed that he saw us on the street and that the same man introduced us, but that in the dream I didn’t know who he was.

He said after he woke up he cried and couldn’t stop.   He said he didn’t know why he was crying except because it made him so sad that I didn’t know him in the dream.   He told us that he knew this was an answer from God, and that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that the Book of Mormon was true. You could see it in his face that he knew. It was such a miracle!  We asked him to be baptized and he just smiled and said he would.  It was amazing to watch God take his doubts away and change his heart.  He broke up with his girl friend of three years like it was nothing because he knew it was true.  He just said, ''It’s like God turned my love for her into love for him, I just love God now." And then he thanked us for having such strong testimonies. He literally thanked us for helping him find the truth! It was such a tender mercy from the Lord and a confirmation that I had done the work the Lord sent me to do. The dream was an answer for Elvis, but I think it was also an answer for me.  When I saw how sad it made him that I didn’t know him in that dream it made it obvious how much I had personally influenced his life. Tender mercy prop!

I know that the Lord has power to change hearts because I saw it first-hand! I have so much confidence in Him and His love for each of us. This mission will always be sacred ground for me because I was able to come to know him so much better here.


But anyways I'm getting transferred to Praia where I've been told all the rich people live!  And I'm going to be serving with Sister Cibambi who is from the Congo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment