Sunday, April 24, 2016

Assomada

Yesterday was seriously the most perfect day ever, I cant even begin to describe whats its like to be here in Assomada and teach the gospel to these people! Yesterday we went to Gil Bispo and it honestly felt like I was dreaming it was so beautiful!  Just imagine this little African village on the tip top of these rugged, green mountains, surounded by banana and mango trees.  And on clear days, it sits high enough in the mountains that you can see all the way down to the ocean, WAY WAYYYY down there.  Its seriously SO beautiful! 

But its not just how it looks, teaching these people is an amazing expreience that I wouldnt miss for anything!  Sometimes I just have to sit back and wonder at how the Lord does his work.  Its true! If the Lord wants something to happen, He always makes sure that it does. If that wasnt true, none if this would be possible. It wouldnt be possible for us to teach and understand people who only speak creole if it wasnt for the Lord. 

 This week we had one of the best lessons of my mission with a young man who never speaks portuguese. Somehow we always understand him, and he always understands us. His name is Elvis and we found him on the street.  We just walked up to him and asked him if he would like to learn about how we have a living prophet today.  He was in a supper hurry, but something really did change in his face when we said that.  Becasue he was in a hurry all we got to say was when church was. We left and honestly forgot about him.  But the next sunday, there was Elvis, having walked over an hour from where he lived just because the spirit touched his heart when we contacted him. Hes amazing, but  hes been having alot of doubtd, and we read with him the Joseph Smith story and bore our testimonys of Joseph and the Book of Mormon last time we taught him. I could see it in his face that he felt the spirit.  He learned forward and asked me the most inspired question EVER (in creole lol) "how has the book of mormon changed your life" It seriously shocked me because it was such a great question that me and my companion loved to answer.

I want you guys to know that the Book of Mormon has chsanged my life. I can honestly say that I know  where and how to find happiness that will never leave because of this book.  That might sound like a simple thing, but read it again, because it honestly what every person on this planet wants.  I know that no matter what happens in my life I will always have this happiness, because I know my Savior, and that blue book is a testimony of Him!


I want to invite all you guys to think about how the Book of Mormon has changed your life and tell me!

1 comment:

  1. It helps me be a greater disciple of Jesus Christ in my every day life. Thank you Sister McClellan for sharing your message today.

    ReplyDelete